Thursday, February 19, 2015

Cozy Night In


When the temperature drops to single digits, going out becomes significantly less appealing. Maybe it's the fact that I've sort of burned out on New York, but recently, nothing sounds more enjoyable than cozying up inside with a good book. In a city like Manhattan where there's always something cultural I could be doing, it's easy to feel guilty spending time lounging around at home. However, I've recently discovered that to achieve the best of both worlds, the trick is to give up some nights on the town in favor of daytime expeditions. I've been spending my days exploring the city, visiting galleries or brunching at new restaurants. By the time I get home, it's dark and cold and I couldn't possibly imagine leaving my cozy apartment - so I'm perfectly content cooking up something yummy, putting on my pajamas, and calling it a night. How have you been spending these painfully cold winter nights? 

No comments:

Post a Comment