Monday, February 16, 2015

Recipe: Freekeh with Caramelized Shallots, Chickpeas, & Yogurt



 Craving something hearty but vegetarian, I made this dish last night and loved it so much it will definitely be incorporated into my repertoire of weeknight dinners. Freekeh is a grain that is somewhat difficult to find, but my nearest Whole Foods had it. It has the consistency of barley but fills you up the way quinoa does due to its protein content. Served warm with a dollop of cool yogurt, it's the perfect dish to throw together on a whim! I served it as a main to myself and my picky roommate who to my surprised, loved it as well. She even loved the kale sprouts I served along with it - a new variety of vegetable that is a cross between Russian kale and brussels sprouts - delicious! 







No comments:

Post a Comment